Saturday, February 9, 2013

Amy's December 9th 2012 Letter!

Kamusta!!! (Note from Wendy: How are you?  This is very close to "Como esta" in Spanish.  The Tagalog language has had a lot of Spanish influence, so some of it sounds similar.)

I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I want to say thank you thank you thank you for all your wonderful letters!!! I am so spoiled. You are all so thoughtful. It really makes the day that much better! :)  I wish I didn't have a time limit to read them all though. I am sorry if I don't respond to everything asked. I have to skim them, jot down a few notes and go from there. I have an hour total to write to my fam, the mission president, and read any emails. Thank you for all the talks, scriptures, etc. I'll definitely print the talks off and study them.

Mom, you asked about the phone call home for Christmas. Me and my companion will be calling our families around 11am here, the day after Christmas, so it will be Christmas day for you. I will be limited on time, but I get make two phone calls so I can talk to you Mom, and also to you Dad!

Dad, will you be in town and be able to access a phone?

Also, we have the option of making a phone call or we can even use skype if we want to. I don't think you have skype, so the phone call would be fine for this time. If you happen to get skype before Mother's Day next year, that would be fun! But phone calls are great, too. I can't wait to hear your voices. :)

I am so excited for this time of year! We were able to go to the chapel and listen to the Christmas Devotional yesterday evening. We are soooo blessed to have a living prophet on the Earth today. God truly does love us. For this Christmas season, us missionaries are putting together the spiritual part for our branch's Christmas party. I thought of what we do with the Harston family every Christmas Eve! So I am gathering the scriptures and getting music together, and we're going to read/sing the nativity with the branch members that attend. Then we'll open it up for testimonies at the end. Thank you, my wonderful family for your Christlike examples. I am now going to be able to share that special time with others. Also, for our Zone Christmas party, I am going to be able to play the piano for a couple of elders who will sing "Oh Lord My Redeemer." I am soo excited!!!

Well, I have to go now. I'm out of time. But I want you to know how much I love you all!!! I feel the prayers coming my way every day, and I am so grateful for them. It is hard at times, but when I trust in Heavenly Father, he lifts me up without fail every time. There are so many people that need the gospel of Jesus Christ! We have so much, and have so much to share! I love these people so much. I learn so much from their humility. Their faith and desire to follow Jesus Christ is so strong. Of course there are those who are not ready, but there are so many who are!! I love this gospel so much!!!! I love you all.

2 Nephi 4. I re-discovered this in my personal study. I feel so much like Nephi! I know that we can have those feelings of joy when we focus on the Savior. I LOVE the Book of Mormon, and I KNOW it is true. I want to read every chance I get. Read it!! You won't know it's true without reading it! Pray about it! I am so grateful for the scriptures in my life.

I love you all! Remember that you are a child of God. Remember the focus of this time of year. It is our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Love,
Sister Harston

No comments:

Post a Comment