Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Here's last weeks letter from Amy! There was a little mix-up, but we still were able to get last weeks. :)

Kamusta po kayo pamilya ko at mga kaibigan?!!
Thank you again for all your prayers, letters, quick notes, emails, and packages. It really means a lot. I want to appologize for the mix-up last week. I wrote a long email, even loaded some pictures, and sent it. But when I checked my email today, I saw that it had failed to send. I think there were too many pictures on it. If I have time, I'll try to send a couple this time. Sorry again for the mix-up. I'll send another email, but here's last week's:
Hello my wonderful family!!!

Kamusta po kayo??? I miss you all! The MTC is wonderful. I am so blessed to be here right now! Was General Conference wonderful, or WHAT??? Oh my goodness. If any of you haven't gotten a chance to watch some or any of it, I'd really encourage you to do so. You can go on lds.org, and there should be a link to the General Conference talks. Do it!! They are amazing!! So the official age for young men and women to serve missions has been lowered. Young men can now serve at age 18 instead of 19, and young women can serve at age 19 instead of 21. WOW. It gives me chills just thinking about it. The missionary force is going to increase dramatically. They are going to have additional housing added to the MTC to compensate for the soon-to-be increasing numbers of missionaries. So exciting. :) Saturday and Sunday were both wonderful days. We were very tired of sitting, but we were super spiritually uplifted that whole weekend. I know there is a prophet who leads and guides Christ's church today, and that there are modern day apostles, too. General Conference is a testament of that. They are inspired men. I know that God still loves His people today so he restored His church through the prophet Joseph Smith. That is so amazing to me! God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. And Mom, yes, I agree. Technology is amazing.

Christina, good for you for being modest at your Homecoming dance. It is hard to find anything modest these days, but you really stand out. I remember a time when I went to a high school dance, and me and my friends really stood out for being modest. People respect that, too. You show that you know you are a daughter of God. :) Also, good luck on your choir concert(s)! You will do amazing!!


Tell Grandpa and Grandma Yeates I say hi and miss them!! Give them hugs for me!

I love the temple. Today is Pday, and we get to go to the temple bright and early every Tuesday morning. It is a perfect way to start out the day. We actually decided to try out the cafeteria in the temple today. It was delicious! We're going to have to go again sometime. Today we've been doing laundry, studying, and writing letters. I'm going to try to send you a couple pics if I can figure it out on this computer. I want to show you what my companions look like!! They are awesome.

Speaking of my companions, Sister Campbell is really feeling a lot better now. She still has a little cough hanging on, but she has her energy back which is nice. Dad, to answer your question, yes, we did have to sit with her when she took that nap last week, but luckily it was Pday so we were in our room anyways writing letters and studying. It worked out perfectly.

We are learning a lot here. We learn a few new concepts every day, adding to our knowledge. I am studying like crazy and still struggling to keep up at times. But it's coming, slowly but surely. I have 6 weeks left to get this down as well as I can before leaving for the Philippines! 6 weeks isn't long, but I know I can do anything with the Lord's help. I am sooo excited to keep moving forward! I love that I can trust Heavenly Father to help me, and that I can EXPECT answers to my prayers if I am doing my part and asking him with real intent. "I am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, you have no promise." (I can't remember the reference right now, but it's a beautiful scripture.) I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this gospel, and I am learning new things every day as I immerse myself in the scriptures. I am learning how it is to really be humble and trust in the Spirit. We are teaching two investigators now: Nel and Mary Kate. They are in totally different situations in life, and we are learning to trust in the Spirit to know what to say, and to know what they need. I love them! I can feel my love for the people in the Philippines already, and I haven't even met them. I know that Heavenly Father is preparing people over there to hear His gospel and accept it. I love this gospel so much! I want to share it with everyone. I get more and more excited the more I learn here in the MTC. The gospel is so incredibly simple, and so beautiful. God loves his people. He wants us to learn and grow and return to Him. He even sent His son, Jesus Christ to come down and atone for our sins so that we can again enter into His presence some day. What great love.

I love you all so very much. Thank you for all your prayers, letters, support, and love.

Love,

Sister Harston

No comments:

Post a Comment