Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Well Hello my lovely family!! (And friends!)  :)

Thank you for all the prayers and support! Thank you for all the letters, too! They always make my day even that much better. :)  I am definitely getting into the routine of things here. A typical day goes close to as follows:
6:30am wake up, get ready
7am daily planning
7:30-7:45am additional study time
7:45am breakfast
8:20-11:20am class
11:20am-11:45am Language study/personal study time
11:45am-12:20pm Lunch
12:20pm-

Anyways...it goes on like that. I don't have enough time to write the entire day out, but every minute is for something. I am really learning to manage my time. We have small daily planners so we can keep track of the time. I don't know what I would do without a watch now! I use it ALL the time!! We have to use every spare time for studying, because as you can see, there isn't a whole lot of spare time. :)

This week has been really great, except one of my companions, Sister Campbell got pretty sick yesterday. She slept for 3 or 4 hours today and we took her to the doctor to get her some medicine. She's just now starting to feel better.  I'm crossing my fingers that I don't get it! I hear things like this spread like crazy here. (Oh, and to answer Briana's question...yes, my other companion, Sister Elsmore's first name is Mandy! How awesome that you know her! She is extremely optimistic. She's a great companion, and a crack up.) :)

This past Sunday was the MTC Conference. All the missionaries met in a huge room and we had a great meeting. The Spirit was super strong! One brother who spoke said a quote that really hit me, talking about obedience. "Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles." What an amazing promise!! It's so true though! I have really been working on being exactly obedient this week, including having lights out and being in bed AT 10:30pm. I definitely need the Lord's help to learn this language this quickly. Only 7 weeks left in the MTC! That seems like such a long time, but it really isn't!  Oh, and to answer Jerry's question about the Temple Dedication the Sunday before...it was beautiful!! I am so blessed to be here in the MTC at a time when I can experience such great things. Next week Sunday is General Conference, and I can't wait! I love an idea that I heard about it. If you have any questions, write them down and pray that you'll have them answered. Bring your questions to General Conference, and listen for the answers. You will receive answers! I know that. I challenge you to try it out! I'm going to.

I have amazing teachers. They are so full of the Spirit and love for us and for the gospel. I look up to them a lot. Sister Lewis, (I think I mentioned her before), has such a sweet spirit about her. She has a way of bringing the Spirit into the lessons/discussions, yet having a great sense of humor. She keeps the Elders under control. :) We now have a second teacher, Brother Roxas. We found out he was our teacher just this week. He is our investigator, Nel!! Wow, that was a turn of events. We were  not expecting that at all. We still teach him as an investigator during the week, but he's also our teacher. Haha. Kinda confusing, but it's true. We are now teaching 2 investigators.

I am so grateful to be a missionary! I am grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow and help bring others to Christ! I love this gospel so much. When we put our trust in the Lord, we can do anything! I love you all so much!!

~Sister Harston

P.S. I'll send a written letter home to answer the rest of your questions. Sorry, but I ran out of time. We only get 30 mins to read/write/add pics/etc. I'll see if I can send some pics next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment