Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Amy's April 8th email home!!


Hello my amazing family.

I am so blessed. Not only do I get to live here and serve here in the Philippines, teach about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and feel a great love for the people here, I also have an amazing supportive family over there in the US. I was so thrilled to see so many emails from you all. I have the best family in the world. I have to let you know you are all in my prayers every night. Jessica, I want to let you know you are included, too. :) And I'll definitely include your family, too. 

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures!! I have such a beautiful family! I haven't been gone that long, but everyone's looking so beautiful/handsome and all grown up! It looks like you had a blast this past weekend up at Grandma and Grandpa's house for the late Easter celebration. I especially loved the silly pic of Christina and Luke. It really shows their personalities. :)

So transfers are this week. We found out earlier this morning that none of us are transferring, but we'll be getting one more sister again! We'll be two separate areas again, so we won't have to juggle two separate areas now. That will be nice. We don't know who will be getting the new sister as a companion, but one of us will continue being companions with Sister Paloma and the other will get a new companion. This past week it has almost felt like we were two separate areas because we were able to go on splits many times! We had some very masipug (dilligent) ward members who were able to work with us. This past Sunday we had so many people want to work with us that we were able to split three ways and triple our work! The members are awesome.

This past week we had the baptism of Brother Mario (Jun) DeOcampo!! (I'll try to send some pics). He is just GLOWING with the spirit! He is so sincere, and so willing to do whatever the Lord asks of him. He had the biggest smile on his face!! It was a sweet experience. He feels so welcome and wants to share his newly found joy with others. A family in our ward invited their uncle to church this past Sunday who is not yet a member. Tatay Jun was so excited to see someone new at church. They immediately became friends, and Tatay Joshua, the new brother, felt very welcome. We've now taught him a couple of times, and he is very receptive. Yay!

I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We had Zone Training earlier this morning and watched a talk given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland in the Provo MTC a while back. It was powerful. As missionaries, we are teachers of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We have been called of God through His living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. 

General Conference will be broadcasted for us this coming Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait! From all your comments, it sounds like it was amazing. We are so blessed to have a modern day prophet to lead and guide us today through revelation, just as they did in old times. God does not change. He loves us and wants us to be able to return to His presence with our families. People and times change, but God does not. We need living prophets and apostles who hold the priesthood (or the authority to act in God's name) to guide our families in these trying and changing times. God knows what we need more than we do. He knows us individually. As we listen to the latter day prophets and apostles we can receive personal revelation for our lives! Their words are the words of God!! That is so amazing to me. God truly loves His children. This church is true!!  :)

I love you all so much and thank you for all your prayers, love, and support. I can't express my gratitude sufficiently. I love you all.

Love,
Sister Harston

No comments:

Post a Comment